ATTENTION BARROW COUNTY RESIDENTS
Our 2023 Selection Cycle is open. There will be three Homeowner Applicant Orientation sessions. Applicants need only attend one of these sessions to qualify.
November 14th: 10:00am-11:00am
November 15th: 6:00pm - 6:30pm
November 26th: 9:00am - 9:30am
*After receiving the homeowner packet, the deadline to submit your application is December 31, 2022.
Barrow Habitat for Humanity uses three criteria to determine whether or not a family qualifies for our homeownership program. The following must be met:
Need for better housing
- Currently experiencing overcrowded, unhealthy, or inadequate housing
- Paying more than 30% of their income on rent
- Living in handicap inaccessible homes
- Or experiencing other shelter needs
Willingness to partner
- 250 hours of "sweat equity" helping to build your own home or the homes of others in the program
Ability to pay
- The homes are sold to families through affordable mortgages.
- Our partner families must be able to pay a monthly mortgage payment for their new home. See below chart for our income guidelines.
- Must be a Legal Permanent Resident of the United States.
- For Barrow County: You must have lived in Barrow County for at least the last 12 months.
Affiliates for other counties can be found at www.habitat.org.
- Your yearly income must fall within the below income guidelines, which are adjusted for family size.
- You must have one year of continuous income.
- You must have a reasonably good credit history. It must be at least two years since you discharged any bankruptcies, and you must be making payments on your debts.
Barrow County Habitat for Humanity pledges to the letter and spirit of U.S. for the achievement of equal housing. We do not eliminate applicants or discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, handicap, family status, ethnicity, or national origin.